Create a Meebo Chat Room
Namecheap.com - Cheap domain name registration, renewal and transfers - Free SSL Certificates - Web Hosting

LAS VEGAS – Don’t expect Manny Pacquiao to go higher than 147 lb so whoever wants to fight him next should stay within the vicinity.

“For me this is the last division I will fight in,” said the newly crowned WBO welterweight champion and possibly a future congressman in Saranggani in the Philippines.

“I just want to take a vacation and it’s up to my promoter who my next opponent is. This was a hard fight (at 147). I think 154 (super-welterweight) is too big for me,” said Pacquiao.

“But I’m happy with this victory,” said the only fighter in history to win seven world titles in seven different weight classes.

He started his career in 1995 at 105 lb, and as he grew older he gained on weight, but just got stronger and faster winning crowns in the flyweight, super-bantamweight, featherweight, super-featherweight, lightweight and junior welterweight.

And now, as a true welterweight.



“Manny fought the top welterweight in the world and he outpunched and outboxed him. There was nothing Miguel could do to stop that express. Miguel was so gracious after the fight and he acknowledged that,” said Bob Arum.

“We proved that we were the better puncher. In the early rounds, he said he wanted to test his power and said he couldn’t hurt me. I think Manny can punch with any 147 pounder in the world. He has the power and speed,” added Freddie Roach. – Abac Cordero

0 comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Namecheap.com - Cheap domain name registration, renewal and transfers - Free SSL Certificates - Web Hosting