Create a Meebo Chat Room
Namecheap.com - Cheap domain name registration, renewal and transfers - Free SSL Certificates - Web Hosting


This Saturday night WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto goes up against Manny Pacquiao at the MGM Grand, in Las Vegas, Nevada. The bout will be held at a catch weight of 145 instead of 147, and Cotto’s title will be on the line for the fight. Many boxing’s experts are saying that Pacquiao will destroy Cotto and will be too fast for him.

Another class of experts, are saying that Cotto’s power and natural size advantage will be too much for Pacquiao to withstand and that the Filipino star will lose the fight. You can put me squarely in the latter category. I see Pacquiao losing the fight, and losing big time by a humbling knockout. The loss will have its effects on Pacquiao if it is as bad as I think it will be. It’s one thing losing by a decision, and quite another matter to be knocked out brutally.
Pacquiao will have to go back to square one and consider his options. What do you do when you’ve been pasted by one of the best fighters in boxing ? Maybe Pacquiao doesn’t lose any credibility with boxing fans. Some of them may see Pacquiao as a courageous individual for moving up in weight and fighting Cotto, a bigger and stronger fighter. Pacquiao would seem to have the perfect excuse if he were to lose.

Okay, so I see Pacquiao taking a horrendous beating at the hands of Cotto, a beating that leaves Pacquiao bloodied, battered and with numerous cuts on his face around both eyes and a busted nose. The healing from this beating will likely take a considerable amount of time. Pacquiao won’t be able to just walk into a fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. or some other popular fighter for another mega fight any time soon you would think. Pacquiao will need to lick his wounds, lay low and get better and figure his options.


If I’m Pacquiao, I would go after a rematch with Juan Manuel Marquez or maybe try to coax Cotto into fighting me again. What harm is there in facing the bull again? As long as Pacquiao isn’t wiped out too quickly by Cotto, I think boxing fans would be interested in seeing it happen again. I know I would. I would be there at ringside with my camera and laptop following every second of action.

I don’t of course see the result being any different than their first fight, but it would still be interesting all the same. You got to give Pacquiao his chance, don’t you? Let him risk fate a second time, even it means that he’s pounded black and blue and left near toothless. It’s all about trying to get revenge and give boxing fans their monies worth.

It’s all for the fans. Okay, so Pacquiao fights Cotto again, gets torn limb from limb and then we’re back to the starting point. What does Pacquiao now do? Well, he could always run for political office in the Philippines. I don’t know if Pacquiao would be as popular with two consecutive beatings under his belt, but it’s worth a try. If Pacquiao gets knocked out twice in a row, the chances of a third fight between Pacquiao and Cotto would seem unlikely.

Boxing fans won’t want to see Pacquiao get beaten up again if it means they have to pay money to see it. I’m backing Pacquiao for a third fight. Pacquiao can count on me for being there to watch it. Like always, I’ll have my trusty laptop and camera at ringside to follow every second of action.

by: Manuel Perez

0 comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Namecheap.com - Cheap domain name registration, renewal and transfers - Free SSL Certificates - Web Hosting