Create a Meebo Chat Room
Namecheap.com - Cheap domain name registration, renewal and transfers - Free SSL Certificates - Web Hosting

Tungod, Inabanga, Bohol, Philippines – While waiting to board the ferry bound for Cebu City the other day, passengers at the Tubigon, Bohol port terminal were entertained by a singing group composed of a blind man, an adult woman, and two little girls. I didn’t have the chance to ask if they were related or so, but anyway, here’s the deal… When the two girls sang Whitney Houston’s immortally famous Olympic theme “One Moment in Time”, the lyrics struck me as something that very much relates to fire-breathing Pinoy ring icon Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao (49-3-2, 37 KOs) and Puerto Rican welterweight champion Miguel Angel “Junito” Cotto (34-1-0, 27 KOs) – two combatants in the titanic showdown dubbed as “Firepower” exactly two weeks from now. In this piece, we are going to point out a few parts of the song that, in one way or another, applies to both protagonists in their respective quests to further solidify their already Hall-of-Fame careers.

“Each day I live. I want to be, a day to give the best of me. I’m only one, but not alone. My finest day is yet unknown.”

It’s no secret that both Pacquiao and Cotto share the same work-ethic when they train for a fight. The successes they have garnered so far in their boxing careers were certainly not handed to them on a silver platter. Yes, they had to face and literally endure the pain in order to taste the sweet. Undeniably, they are simply two of the most disciplined and hardworking professional pugilists of this era. But they’re not alone in their endeavors. Pacquiao has renowned trainer Freddie Roach guiding him along the way, while Cotto once had his uncle Evangelista before Joe Santiago took the cudgels. Indeed, both fighters’ finest day is yet unknown… or could it be November 14th?

“I rise and fall. Yet through it all, this much remains. I want one moment in time, when I’m more than I thought I could be.”

Sure they experienced low points in their boxing profession. Pacquiao had it early in his career and also when he lost to Mexican great Erik “El Terrible” Morales. Cotto, for his part, had his lone low point when he was knocked out by another Mexican in Antonio “Loaded Hands” Margarito, although that particular bout is now coated with so much controversy. Despite those heart-breaking losses, both fighters picked themselves up. Pacquiao came back strong and knocked Morales out not just once, but twice. Less than seven months after his only setback, Cotto won the WBO welterweight belt over Michael Jennings and successfully defended it against the very tough Joshua Clottey.



“I’ve lived to be the very best. I want it all, no time for less. I’ve laid the plans, now lay the chance here in my hands… when all of my dreams are a heartbeat away and the answers are all up to me. Give me one moment in time, when I’m racing with destiny… then in that one moment of time, I will feel eternity.”

The Pacquiao-Cotto showdown is already set. Both pugs have lived their lives wanting to be the best in their trade. They both want it all this time out and have laid the plans in their respective training camps. Come November 14th, the answers will all be up to each of them. Those twelve rounds or less are the one moment in time that both Pacquiao and Cotto have been craving – when they will be racing with destiny. Which one of them will have his hands raised in victory and achieve eternal glory? Let’s just wait and see…

As an added bonus, hereunder is the low-quality video of the little girls I was talking about at the start of the article and see, or more appropriately, hear for yourself, the great voices…

Another bonus, hereunder is a solo performance of the wonder kid… I don’t know exactly how old this tiny little girl was, but I’m guessing she’s around 4 or 5 years old. Please bear with the quality, or the lack thereof, of the video…

Source: http://sportales.com/boxing/pacquiao-vs-cotto-one-moment-in-time/

0 comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Namecheap.com - Cheap domain name registration, renewal and transfers - Free SSL Certificates - Web Hosting