Create a Meebo Chat Room
Namecheap.com - Cheap domain name registration, renewal and transfers - Free SSL Certificates - Web Hosting


By Manuel Perez: I can already see the excuses flowing in from Manny Pacquiao and his loyal trainer Freddie Roach after November 14th. I’d like for it to be some straight honest excuses where Pacquiao and Roach admit that they fought a superior fighter with better talent, power and ability than him. But what I expect will be some lame excuses along the lines of ‘I wasn’t feeling good in training camp, I hurt my shoulder or I couldn’t see because of the cut.’

I really hope that Pacquiao takes his loss like a man and doesn’t come up with the excuses after the fact but I just don’t see it happening that way. A whole bunch of people who don’t know what they’re talking about are predicting that Pacquiao is going to beat Cotto on November 14th. I’m really laughing at them because I haven’t seen so many wrong people in all my life.
This is going to be really nice to see Pacquiao eating a big plate of humble pie. I hope he swallows all of it because I don’t want him with any false hopes about the loss. There’s one thing that fighters need to accept is responsibility for their losses. The worse thing they can do is start coming up with the excuses after the fact. A tell tale sign of a fighter not accepting their defeat is when they start with the excuses and want to fire their trainer.

I doubt that Pacquiao will fire Roach after Cotto fight, at least I hope he doesn’t. But I still see Pacquiao making with the excuses for the loss. It’s so sad. I hope Pacquiao doesn’t resort to this. I don’t want to lose respect for the man and I think I would if Pacquiao starts blabbering left and right with every excuse under the son to explain away his loss. I can just see him going motor mouth while being interviewed.

It will be a terrible sight if he does this. Just accept the loss, Pacquiao, and take your defeat with dignity. I’m okay with the “It just wasn’t my night” excuses, but I can’t stomach when fighters start crying about injuries, poor training camps or other things that took place during the fight. If Pacquiao can’t beat Cotto in the ring, the last thing I want to hear is a bunch of lame excuses.


A loss to Cotto won’t be such a bad thing. At least Pacquiao know where he’s at in terms of talent. It’s better to know how good you are in reality rather than having a mental image in your head that isn’t true. Once Cotton finishes beating the tar out of Pacquiao, his self image will be adjusted to the point where he has a more accurate picture of his true ability – I hope.

If Pacquiao starts with the excuses then that tells me that he hasn’t accepted the loss and is looking for a scapegoat for target to put the blame on. There’s nothing wrong with losing. Pacquiao shouldn’t worry about it when it happens. It’s part of the game and every fighter has to accept it and not try to explain it away with excuses.

Source: boxingnews24.com

0 comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Namecheap.com - Cheap domain name registration, renewal and transfers - Free SSL Certificates - Web Hosting